Saturday, January 21, 2012

Why "progressingamerica"?

I have been meaning to do this for quite some time, but I just never have gotten around to it. So why am I doing everything that I'm doing? Well, first off, why the name? "Progressingamerica" Sounds kind of odd. I must say that I got quite a bit of hate mail when I first started out, particularly when people saw the basic graphics I created. That really ticked them off. I had a hard time joining some messageboards, getting kicked off and so forth.

The name "progressingamerica" originally started out(at least in my mind) as the merging of two ideas. First, you may have heard of a project called Constituting America. I have a lot of respect for anybody who goes out and defends our liberty and our heritage. Plus, the name is catchy. It rolls off the tongue and sounds natural. Secondly, I run into far too many people who don't know what a progressive is. "What is progressivism?" "And how are they doing this? How are they progressing america?" There you have it.

As to the graphics I've made, my goal was to use an easily identifiable image that represented centralized planning and an authoritarian state. There's no better icon of that than the hammer and sickle. But I was at first skeptical about using an icon for communism to make a graphical representation of progressivism. But there's more than enough fact and information out there to show that progressivism at best leads to communism, and at worst progressives are communists. And indeed, some of them are. Van Jones for example, who's over at the Center for American Progress. But I didn't just want to create graphics illustrating progressivism, I created several to illustrate other aspects of the progressive movement. Here are several of them:

Progressivism - Economic Justice - Social Justice - Black Liberation Theology - Environmental Justice - Revisionist History - Political Correctness

I set out to only create one, and then created another, and as I started making these it actually became a bit fun, a creative side project. Especially the last two. You many notice that the one for revisionist history is backward. That's very representative of what history revisionists do to actual history, isn't it? And the one for political correctness, it's upside down. Which is exactly what political correctness does, it turns everything upside down. These are accurate graphical representations of what we face. Furthermore, why the color purple? What other group can you think of that better represents the corruption of progressivism than the SEIU? Purple and yellow, those are the colors of progressivism. So that's what I used. The ones for Social Justice and in particular for Black Liberation are modifications of a Christian Flag. In a lot of ways, social justice is a distortion of the gospel. And Black Liberation Theology is rooted in marxism.

Even though most people will end up coming into contact with my blog, the centerpiece of the progressingamerica project is actually my audio recordings. Not because I'm a great voiceover, but because we need to make damn sure that the progressives can never hide their history again. They thrive on shadows, and it's their shadows which are my target number 1. We need to make it as easy as pie for people to go digging into the history of progressivism, find it, find it easily, and reference it directly to the source. That's why I try so hard to make sure that I always reference book, page number, and paragraph number. So people can see what I'm talking about and that I am not taking it out of context. One of the original reasons I started all of this was because I can't get my family to read, as I told Glenn Beck when I called his show. Now, having quite a few things already recorded into audio hasn't become a panacea, I didn't expect it would be. I don't always inundate the people around me with all of this. I introduce it slowly. But when I do mention it, I pack a mean punch because I've created content for myself to where I leave no doubt. Our liberty is on the line, and we're about to lose it. These progressives were crystal clear about their hatred of our constitution, our individual freedoms, and the American way of life. And I want to make sure that at all times I can prove it, directly, quickly, and in context.

Since creating the progressingamerica project, a few things have occurred to me. More than anything, in particular is America's youth. They're being propagandized on a mass scale, you know it, and I know it. Having these things in audio can certainly be beneficial now, and down the road as well. How do you reach a Youtube generation? Put it on youtube. And there are other things as well, I suppose which I instinctively knew anyways. I can do all the research I want, I can dig out as much as I want and it won't mean a thing if I don't put it out there for others to see. I'm not interested in a personal library. I'm interested in making sure that the progressives' 100 year plan turns out to be a failure, but that can only happen if all of us know who and what we're dealing with.

1 comment: