Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hillsdale's Constitution 201: Have you signed up yet? It's about progressivism.

I signed up for the lecture series last night, and I'm very excited about it. The page for the Constitution 201 program describes it this way:
"The Progressive Rejection of the Founding and the Rise of Bureaucratic Despotism"

In a word, Administrators. Hillsdale has nailed it: Bureaucratic Despotism. I think going in that the whole series will be top notch. Hillsdale is one of those institutions that has been on the forefront of defending American ideals, history, traditions, and liberty for a very long time. I can't help but notice already which sections will (based on the schedule) be the most interest to myself, those are sections 2, 3, and 5.

Especially 5, which is "FDR's New Bill of Rights"; The lecturer is William Morrisey. I've been wanting to write something about the Second Bill of Rights for a long time now, but have refrained while I have gotten to other things. I would think that using a Hillsdale lecture as a basis for what I have already as a potential outline would be outstanding.

Constitution 201, progressivism vs the Founding Fathers is at least in it's proposals everything that I've wanted to make the progressingamerica project into. But they have resources which I don't, from audio/video production to a team of researchers.

You should sign up. Right now.

http://tinyurl.com/8da4hg5

No comments:

Post a Comment