As we have reached the 75% completion rate for this project, I noticed that the drive I have been using over the last few years started reporting errors. After confirming some strange things in my Disks partition management utility, I was able to repair some issues by running file system checks. Ultimately my worst fears were confirmed when I started making partition clones with GParted. Other than a completely failed and unusable drive, seeing bad blocks was one of the worst bits of news I could have faced.
On a more positive note, I have been doing good with making backups on a regular basis over the years, so the fallout should be minimal. As of now, I do not appear to have lost anything. I just uploaded a new mp3 for August 18th, 1787, and I have another that I am wrapping up and hoping to upload in a few days.
Full steam ahead! Let's complete this project for the good of all.