Wednesday, July 7, 2021

New audiobook release: "The Wrong of Slavery", by Robert Dale Owen

In 1864, Robert Dale Owen (A congressman from Indiana) published the book "The Wrong of Slavery, the Right of Emancipation, and the Future of the African Race in the United States", which traces the beginning of slavery from its roots in the British Empire(with in-depth statistics) up through the colonies and the days just prior to the Civil War.

The audio can be downloaded from here.(text here) This audio is free and open source in the public domain.

I have a lot to say about this book, and I want to warn everybody that this book is not what it appears. But I'll get into that later. For now, I'm starting to realize that if I plan my timing carefully I can work two audiobooks at the same time more gracefully than I had realized - one as a solo production and one as a collaboration. This book from the Civil War era is only a temporary stop. To be honest, the Civil War is so played out that I find it to be, quite frankly, boring, and besides this one was one that someone else needed help with. I'll be looking forward to doing more coverage of the Founding as I can get these staggered correctly going forward.

The progressives moved mountains to coverup and disguise the Founding. That's a more valuable (and interesting) use of my time for collaborative works.

2 comments:

  1. Uhhh.. slavery does NOT have it's roots in the British Empire. Slavery goes back to the beginning of the Human Race. The Sumerians kept slaves as did the Greeks, the Romans, the Persians and pretty much culture that has existed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're wrong - you couldn't be more wrong and I'll tell you why. The Persians didn't bring slavery to the 13 colonies, and the Persians didn't veto colonial laws designed to eliminate slavery.

      Delete