Sunday, October 2, 2011

Progressivism: Democracy is administered by the intelligent minority who know how to regiment and guide the masses

A picture is worth a thousand words:



This book is still under copyright as far as I know, so I can't do much else with it on the blog even though I own a copy. But I have to be able to at least show off the cover of the thing. Also, I'll give page numbers so you'll know where to look for these. The book's cover is very accurate of it's contents. Of the letters P-R-O-P-A-G-A-N-D-A the 7th, 8th, and 9th letters:

As civilization has become more complex, and as the need for invisible government has been increasingly demonstrated, the technical means have been invented and developed by which opinion may be regimented(Page 39)

Nowadays the successors of the rulers, those whose position or ability gives them power, can no longer do what they want without the approval of the masses, they find in propaganda a tool which is increasingly powerful in gaining that approval(Page 54)

Democracy is administered by the intelligent minority who know how to regiment and guide the masses(Page 127)


This is really how Bernays thought. His daughter Ann confirmed this in the BBC documentary "The Century of the Self" (Video) (Transcript) as follows:(32 minutes, 5 seconds)

Ann Bernays, Daughter of Edward Bernays: He knows everybody he knows the mayor, and he knows the senator, and he calls politicians on the telephone as if he did get literally a high or bang out of doing what he did, and that's fine, but it can be a little hard on the people around you. Especially when you make other people feel stupid. The people who worked for him were stupid, the children were stupid, and if people did things in a way that he wouldn't have done them, they were stupid. It was a word that he used over and over: "don't be stupid". And the masses? - They were stupid.

3 comments:

  1. You completed a number of fine points there. I did a search on the subject and found mainly people will agree with your blog. ν† ν† μ‚¬μ΄νŠΈ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blog frequently and I truly thank you for your information. This article has really peaked my interest.
    I will take a note of your site and keep checking for new details about once a week.
    I subscribed to your Feed too. κ²½λ§ˆμ‚¬μ΄νŠΈ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply could not go away your web site prior to suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the standard info a person supply for your guests?
    Is gonna be back ceaselessly in order to check out new posts λ°”μΉ΄λΌμ‚¬μ΄νŠΈ

    ReplyDelete